By Slawomir Koziel
This short reports a couple of suggestions exploiting the surrogate-based optimization thought and variable-fidelity EM simulations for effective optimization of antenna constructions. The advent of every strategy is illustrated with examples of antenna layout. The authors show the ways that practitioners can receive an optimized antenna layout on the computational expense comparable to a couple of high-fidelity EM simulations of the antenna constitution. there's additionally a dialogue of the choice of antenna version constancy and its impact on functionality of the surrogate-based layout approach. This quantity is appropriate for electric engineers in academia in addition to undefined, antenna designers and engineers facing computationally-expensive layout problems.
Read Online or Download Antenna Design by Simulation-Driven Optimization PDF
Similar microwaves books
This textbook on waveguide idea is designed for modules inside of classes on optical waveguides, built-in optics or optical communications. It offers with wavelengths from microwave to optical, and analyzes the good points of varied waveguide varieties. difficulties and routines are integrated.
Concept, research and layout of RF Interferometric Sensors provides the idea, research and layout of RF interferometric sensors. RF interferometric sensors are appealing for numerous sensing functions that require each effective solution and accuracy in addition to speedy velocity. The booklet additionally provides millimeter-wave interferometric sensors learned utilizing RF built-in circuits.
Das umfassende Lehrwerk Nachrichtenübertragung gliedert sich in vier Teile. Beginnend mit Grundlagen der Systemtheorie deterministischer und stochastischer Signale sowie einigen grundsätzlichen Eigenschaften von Übertragungskanälen widmet sich der zweite Teil der klassischen Analogübertragung. Teil drei behandelt ausschließlich die neueren digitalen Modulationsverfahren.
- Modern RF and Microwave Measurement Techniques
- Microstrip filters for RF/microwave applications
- Advanced Ultrawideband Radar: Signals, Targets, and Applications
- Radio Frequency Identification and Sensors: From RFID to Chipless RFID
- Microwave and RF Product Applications (Principles and Applications in Engineering)
Extra resources for Antenna Design by Simulation-Driven Optimization
Therefore, it appears that in optimization there should be a balance between exploitation and exploration. As suggested by Forrester and Keane (2009), this trade-off could be formulated in the context of surrogate-based optimization, for 24 3 Surrogate-Based Optimization example, by means of a bi-objective optimization problem with a global measure of the error associated to the surrogate as a second objective function. , balancing the need for exploration versus exploitation, are often referred to as efficient global optimization (EGO) techniques.
An example of a substrate integrated half-mode 5 GHz antenna shown in Fig. 1 illustrates differences in its responses evaluated with models of different fidelity as well as sensitivity of the antenna responses on the model fidelity. Both of the models are defined, discretized, and simulated using CST MWS (CST Microwave Studio 2013). 33 GHz 8 core CPU with 8 GB RAM computer. A quite dense discretization of the model, which turns in a substantial simulation time, is a result of ensuring no feasible changes of the response versus discretization density.
13) with the model parameters c(i) obtained by minimizing ||Rf(x(i)) − Rc(x(i) + c(i))||. 5 shows an example of a filter structure evaluated using EM simulation (high-fidelity model), its circuit equivalent (low-fidelity model), and the corresponding |S21| responses before and after applying the ISM correction. In many cases, the major type of discrepancy between the low- and high-fidelity models is a frequency shift. In these situations, misalignment between the models can be reduced by using frequency scaling or frequency space mapping (Koziel et al.
Antenna Design by Simulation-Driven Optimization by Slawomir Koziel